Field Sobriety Tests
Field Sobriety Tests (PULL DOWN SCROLL WINDOW DATA)
The police in 95% of the cases use Field Sobriety Tests as the primary indicator of impairment to determine whether or not a person will be arrested for DUI. However, there are a number of factors that can lead to a mistaken interpretation of your impairment, such as:
- Being nervous, scared, tired or distracted during testing.
- Physical disabilities which prohibit one from performing the tests to the satisfaction of the arresting officer.
- One’s own natural lack of coordination and balance in everyday activities.
- The environment in which the tests were conducted:
- Were the tests performed on a flat level surface?
- How close to the roadway and traffic were you?
- What was the lighting condition or lack there of?
- Were the Field Sobriety Tests merely told to you or demonstrated correctly?